If you are missing one or more of your teeth, Dr. Michael P. Gaudio may recommend a dental bridge. A dental bridge is a restoration we recommend to improve the overall health and appearance of your smile if you have lost one tooth or a couple of teeth in a row. A bridge is designed to be a long-term, fixed (non-removable) restoration that can last for over ten years. A dental bridge can improve your smile by:
- Restoring your ability to speak clearly
- Improving your ability to chew and eat properly
- Enhancing the beauty of your smile
- Improving the volume of your face
- Preventing the remaining teeth from shifting
- Relieving excess stress on the bite
Dental bridges consist of two anchors and at least one pontic, or artificial tooth. Depending on your individual situation and dental needs, our knowledgeable dentist may use an existing tooth, a dental implant, or a dental crown to act as the anchor on either side of your bridge. Your dental bridge can be matched to the natural shape, color, and tone of your teeth to blend in beautifully with your smile. If you have any questions about the benefits of a dental bridge in Wallingford, Connecticut, please feel free to contact us today!