If you have a tooth that is too damaged or decayed for a dental filling to effectively repair, our friendly dentist may recommend a dental crown. A crown, which is frequently referred to as a cap, is a dental restoration designed to serve many purposes, both restorative and aesthetic. Some of these purposes include:
- Strengthening a structurally compromised tooth
- Preventing a weak tooth from fracturing
- Completing a dental implant
- Anchoring a dental bridge
- Improving the appearance and function of a misshaped tooth
- Covering a damaged, chipped, or cracked tooth
Dental crowns are designed to fuse to the tooth and cover the entire tooth, starting at the gum line. Dental crowns can be matched to the shape, color, and size of your natural teeth to give you the most natural-looking smile possible. Aside from their cosmetic benefits, Dr. Michael P. Gaudio may recommend a crown to restore your smile to its optimal health and function. Dental crowns can last for up to 15 years with proper dental care. If you have any other questions about the benefits of a dental crown in Wallingford, Connecticut, please feel free to schedule a consultation with us today. We are eager to give you the strong, healthy smile you deserve.