If you are missing multiple teeth, we may recommend a denture to complete your smile. Dentures can offer several benefits, such as:
- Preventing your facial muscles from sagging, which maintains the shape of your face
- Improving your ability to properly chew and eat
- Restoring your ability to speak clearly
- Lowering the risk of periodontal disease
- Preventing any remaining natural teeth from shifting
- Relieving uneven stress on your jaw
Depending on your individual needs, Dr. Michael P. Gaudio may recommend either complete or partial dentures. A complete denture is useful for replacing all of the teeth in one or both jaws. At times, the removal of remaining seriously decayed, damaged, or compromised teeth may be recommended before complete dentures are placed. Partial dentures, on the other hand, are recommended for patients who have one or more healthy, natural teeth remaining. The partial denture completes your smile by filling in the spaces left by the missing teeth.
If dentures are right for you, our dentist will create a mold to precisely match your natural smile and offer you the best possible look. Dentures can be removed at any time, allowing for simpler dental hygiene. If you have any questions about the benefits of dentures in Wallingford, Connecticut, please feel free to contact us today.